Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with HEAd’23 conference. The purpose of workshops is to give room for presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary results in an interactive atmosphere, while focusing on a specific topic. Workshops may be proposed for 4 hours in length to be held on 19 June afternoon. It should encourage lively debates, stimulate the production of new ideas and the discussion of controversial issues.
The decision on acceptance or rejection of a workshop proposal will be made on the basis of the overall quality of the proposal and its potential to attract a sufficiently broad community. Other factors, such as degree of overlap with other workshop proposals, or issues regarding logistics, will also be considered when making the final decision.
The submitted proposal for a workshop should address research topics that fall in the general scope of HEAd’23.
All workshop proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in English as a single PDF file (2-6 pages) containing the following sections:
- Title and acronym.
- Abstract: 150-200 word abstract describing the workshop purpose.
- Objectives: a clear description of the workshop objectives.
- Organizer: short biographical sketch of the workshop organizer, describing relevant experience and qualifications.
- Intended audience: description of the anticipated audience, including experience level and prerequisites, and the expected number of participants.
- Rough agenda: 1-page outline of the workshop content describing the workshop dynamics and including tentative speakers, panels, number of articles accepted, etc.
- A draft “Call for Papers”:
- Description of the topics and scope of the workshop.
- Information about the procedure for selecting papers and/or presentations and plans for dissemination.
- Infrastructure: Description of the infrastructure needed to carry out the workshop.
- Other information: For instance, information that will let attendees know more about your workshop.
Equipment provided by the HEAd’23 organizing committee
- A link on the HEAd website.
- Management of registration for participants.
- Setup of meeting space and related equipment.
- Coffee-break arrangements.
- Preparation and distribution of the participant materials.
The organizer of a workshop must take care of:
- Set up a webpage for the workshop.
- Coordinating schedules and deadlines with the HEAd’23 organizing committee.
- Publicity of the workshop call for papers, and submission and review process.
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for inclusion in the HEAd’23 website, as well as the workshop program when it is final.
- Workshop proposals due: 19 January 2023
- Acceptance notification: 26 January 2023
- Date of workshops: 19 June 2023